Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Dansonwatch, Day 1

Recently I've moved from Central Illinois to Arkansas, which was a hell of a move. While Little Rock isn't quite the change that moving from the prairie to, say, Chicago would be, it's still a change. And I'm getting used to it. If you had asked me a year ago that I'd be moving to Little Rock, I'd have probably asked you, "Where is that again?"

I didn't know much about Little Rock, but I've slowly been learning more about it. Nice little city. Got to see one of my favorite bands last night, so that I was nice surprised. Almost felt like fate. We live next to a large park that we've yet to explore (and yes, it requires the verb "explore"), and we're not far from Pinnacle Mountain State Park, which I've heard good things about. Bugs are a bit of a problem, but a problem everyone shares and deals with. So far, so good.

Yesterday I learned something that makes me proud about my move: Ted Danson. He's not from here, originally, but he and wife Mary Steenburgen I guess have a place in the city. I'm in the same city as Sam Malone. I might run into Dr. John Becker.


So that's why I've started "Dansonwatch," an initiative to catch a glimpse of the silver-maned devil in the wild. A bit harder to pull off when most of my time has been spent inside job seeking, but that might change in the coming months. For right now, my eyes are peeled.

If I call out "Norm!" downtown, will it catch his attention?

2 comments: